Quarantine day (what feels like) 1,041.
This “new normal” tries desperately to become a reality. And I come and go with emotion about it.
But honestly, at this moment, I’m just mad it’s not 65º every day.
I sincerely hope and pray you and your loved ones are doing ok. It’s ok not to be ok, too. But please let us know if that’s the case.
I’m 100% guilty of this, but the church must be different with this!
Stop being so Minnesotan and let us know how we can encourage you.
Anyways, that’s not why I’m here.
I’m here to tell you 4 things about livestreaming that will totally improve your life.
1. WHERE TO WATCH
Side note: if you’d like to be able to watch directly on our website click here to tell us. We’ve been looking into it.
- It’s fun! See all sorts of people you know and say hello, comment and share the stream.
- You’re already on it like 2 hours a day.
- Get notifications when we’re live.
- Use a smart TV and the YouTube app to put the service up on your 240” TV!
- It’s been said to be more reliable than facebook’s servers.
- Subscribe and get notifications when we’re live.
2. WHEN TO WATCH
We’re broadcasting LIVE at 9:15am on Sundays!
But both facebook and YouTube store the streams, so you can watch anytime, really!
3. SERMONS NOTES AND STUFF
Find the sermon notes Saturday at rockpoint.church/sermons. You should see Sunday’s date with a published sermon. That publishing will have sermon notes and Life Group discussion questions.
If you have kids, you could set them up in another room to watch the weekly kids lessons.
4. PRO LIVESTREAM HACKS
- Don’t have a smart TV? Hook up your laptop to your TV.
- Reset your router on Sunday AM while you wait for coffee.
- Watch on YouTube from your mobile device but cast it via Google Cast, ChromeCast, AppleTV, ANDROID etc.
- Lose the stream? First, try refreshing your browser or video window. We’re broadcasting with lightning-fast internet but it’s possible between you and us, there’s a hiccup.
- Share the stream! And take photos of your crew watching. We’re all connected even though we can’t be together.
That's it! Now you're a livestreaming champion!
P.S. How are we doing, by the way? What have you liked? Not liked? Loved? How does it sound? Look? Feel?
Email me! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.